The National Petroleum Authority (NPA) directed Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to start applying the levies beginning September this year.
The Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Attah announced the NPA’s directive in the Supplementary Budget he presented recently to the floor of Parliament.
Based on the revision petrol had a GH¢0.20 adjustment, while Diesel also attracted a GH¢0.20 jump in price per litre. Despite the hike, some OMCs still have got the cheapest prices compared to others.
Below are 5 fuel stations with the cheapest fuel prices in Ghana
1. Frimps Oil fuel. Frimps Oil filling station sells a litre of petrol at GH₵ 5.15 and diesel at GH₵ 5.15.
2. Puma Energy. Puma Energy fuel station sells a litre of petrol at GH₵ 5.25 and diesel at GH₵ 5.25
3. Star Oil. This fuel station sells a litre of petrol at GH₵ 5.30 and diesel at GH₵5.30.
4. Allied fuel station. Allied fuel station sells a litre of petrol at GH₵ 5.34 and diesel at GH₵ 5.33.
5. Goil. This OMC sells its litre of diesel at GH¢5.30 and petrol at GH¢5.38.