A 28-year-old man has been burnt to death in his room at Kasoa in the Central region, Thursday.The fire is believed to have started from a mosquito coil the deceased lit in his room at about Wednesday evening.
According to witnesses, the deceased got trapped in his room when the fire began, leaving him completely burnt before personnel from the fire service arrived at the scene.
A tenant, who rushed to the scene, said the deceased got trapped in his room when the fire began, leaving him completely burnt before other tenants arrived at the scene.
“We heard him scream but when we broke the door, we found his charred body on the floor,” he added.
The deceased, whose name was given as Emmanuel, was a basketball player and a mobile phone repairer.
They described him as a hardworking and a very cool gentleman who lived in harmony with everyone.
Meanwhile, police have commenced investigations into the bizarre incident.