Dedicating the victory to the memory of her late husband, she expressed optimism of retaining the Parliamentary seat for the NPP on the by-election date of January 31.
She also called for unity and the support of the defeated aspirants.
“We are in this together. The campaigning begins from today. Let us all put ourselves together and go out there and face Delali Brimpong. We have done it before, we can do it again. We are retaining this seat together.”
The seat became vacant following the passing of the Member of Parliament for the area, Emmanuel Kyeremanteng Agyarko, on Wednesday, November 21.
The NPP has held this seat since 2000 but Delali Kwasi Brempong of the New Democratic Congress (NDC) will be hoping to cause an upset in what has become an NPP stronghold.
NDC delegates elected Delali Kwasi Brempong, a former Parliamentary candidate in its primary on Friday, December 28.
Delali Kwasi Brempong overcame Ekwow Acquah and Madam Donna Selassie Agbo.
He polled 415 votes, while Selassie Agbo and former constituency secretary Ekow Acquah got 115 and 119 votes respectively.
The Electoral Commission will open and receive the nominations for the by-election from Thursday, January 10 to Saturday, January 12, 2019.
MBA Marketing ( UGBS, Legon)
B.A Entrepreneurship (GIMPA)
Chief Executive Officer
Lymens Medical Supplies, Accra
Board Member, Minerals Commission
Leadership Positions Held.
• Vice Chairman, Pharmaceutical Importers and Wholesalers Association, Ghana- 2015 to Date
• Executive Member, Chamber of Pharmacy Ghana- 2016 to Date
• Treasurer, Women Fellowship, Accra Ridge Church, Spintex Branch -2016 to Date
• Regional Chairperson (Southern Sector), Lions Club Ghana- 2014 to 2015
• President, Accra Premier Lions Club- 2005 to 2006
Membership of Professional Bodies and Social clubs.
• Chamber of Pharmacy Ghana
• Lions Club Ghana
• Women Fellowship, Accra Ridge Church, Spintex Branch
• Member, Volta Regional Finance Committee, New Patriotic Party- 2014 to Date
• Member, Ayawaso West Wuogon Finance Committee, New Patriotic Party- 2014 to Date
• Donated current Greater Accra Regional office, Pig farm
• Patron, Greater Accra Women’s Wing -2014 to 2018
Source: citinewsroom.com | Ghana